Hi. It’s been a while. Things have been quite bad for me recently. I’m afraid I’d have to deal with depression again, and I don’t want to. I have enough shit to sort through as it is. Of course I’m not depressed 24/7, as I’ve mentioned in my previous posts, it’s hard to feel shitty in college. The crappy feeling only creeps onto me when I’ve gone home after a long day in college, exhausted as fuck but still having to deal with my family. I love my family to death, but sometimes I just cannot take it, you know? So I’m really trying my best to avoid becoming depressed again. Which is why I decided that instead of burying myself in shitloads of crap to sort out, I’d answer some questions instead (in short, I’m procrastinating). I got these questions from Tumblr, but I’ve forgotten the source so if anyone has any idea who came up with this, please do leave a link to his/her website in the comments section below :)
1. If someone wanted to really understand you, what would they read, watch, and listen to?
Well the problem with this question is that I don’t even know myself that well, so how am I supposed to tell people how to understand me? But I’m going to go with the first answer that pops up in my mind, so it might or might not help you understand me better. I think the person would have to read any work of Jodi Picoult’s, watch The Holiday and listen to music from the 80’s and 90’s.
2. Have you ever found a writer who thinks just like you? If so, who?
Again, I’ve never really analyzed the way i think, so I can’t answer this question. I love Jodi Picoult’s work though.
3. List your fandoms and one character from each that you identify with.
Haven’t been reading in a long time, so I’ll have to look some of them up.
HP: Dobby (this is kind of an inside joke with my other half, Dobby) (told you it’s an inside joke)
PJO: Nico, I guess? I love his vibe.
THG: Gale. I guess. Not too sure.
MMFD: Rae for sure.
4. Do you like your name? Is there another name you think would fit you better?
At first I used to hate it and would shorten it to ‘Sam’ every time because I wanted to sound cool and shit but now, I’ve learned to love it and no, I wouldn’t swap it for any other name.
5. Do you think of yourself as a human being or a human doing? Do you identify yourself by the things you do?
Fuck, this question is so deep I had to Google it. I’m probably a human being, I haven’t yet reached that stage where I do things to ensure my survival. For now, I have no goals. I do identify myself by the things I do though. Some of them, at least, like reading. I identify as an avid reader.
6. Are you religious/spiritual?
7. Do you care about your ethnicity?
8. What musical artists have you most felt connected to over your lifetime?
Pentatonix I guess.
9. Are you an artist?
Depends on what form of art it is. I think I do okay in photography ;)
10. Do you have a creed?
I believe that reading is the best way to rid oneself of reality, does that count?
11. Describe your ideal day.
Home alone, with Internet, a laptop, a book, unlimited coffee and food delivery service. Per-fect.
12. Dog person or cat person?
Hmm. I’d have to say dog.
13. Inside or outdoors?
14. Are you a musician?
15. Five most influential books over your lifetime.
i) The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult
ii) The Pact by Jodi Picoult
iii) Chinese Cinderella by Adeline Yen Mah
iv) Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone by J.K. Rowling
v) The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
16. If you’d grown up in a different environment, do you think you’d have turned out the same?
Of course not.
17. What’s your patronus?
Probably a fucking sloth.
18. Which Harry Potter house would you be in? Or are you a muggle?
I’d say Gryffindor, but I got sorted into Ravenclaw so I’ll go with that.
19. Would you rather be in Middle Earth, Narnia, Hogwarts or somewhere else?
My initial answer was Hogwarts but it occured to me that I might die from a wrongly casted spell or a mythical beast might just decide to kill me so I’m going to say Disneyland.
20. Do you love easily?
Depends on the kind of love you’re talking about. I can love people easily generally, but I find it pretty hard to fall in love romantically with someone.
21. List the top five things you spend the most time doing, in order.
i) Surf the Internet.
iii) Take photos.
22. How often would you want to see your family every year?
Every single day.
23. Have you ever felt like you had a ‘mind-meld’ with someone?
Yes, but only tiny ones.
24. Could you live as a hermit?
25. How would you describe your gender/sexuality?
I’m a female. And I’m heterosexual.
26. Do you feel like your outside appearance is a fair representation of the ‘real’ you?
Well. I don’t exactly put in any effort to change my appearance so… I guess so?
27. On a scale of 1-10, how hard is it for someone to get under your skin?
Probably 7. But then again, it depends on what kind of person he/she is.
28. Three songs that you connect with right now.
i) Chocolate by The 1975 (mostly because of the dressing in black from head to toe part LOL)
ii) Little Souls by Nicole Zefanya
iii) Fuck You by Lily Allen
29. Top three pet peeves.
i) People who smoke in public.
ii) People who chew with their mouths open.
iii) People who don’t shut the fucking door when the air-conditioner is on.
30. Pick one of your favourite quotes.
“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent,” -Eleanor Roosevelt.
So. Well. That’s it for today, I definitely do feel a lot less crappy. Till next time!