For weeks, everything I wrote ended up being drafts. Draft after draft after draft, tucked away in a virtual folder on my laptop, nothing worth posting on my blog. These days I’m either at driving school or planting my head in a book and I guess my problem is that I never allow myself to just… sit and think. I have ideas, and I have stories to share, but I’ve always pushed them to the back of my mind as I worried about driving lessons or lost myself in another fictional world. That explains the lack of posts on my blog. So I’ve decided to do a Q&A. Because, well, because I want to okay?!
I got these questions from Tumblr a while ago.
1. Do you think you’ll be in a relationship two months from now?
2. What does the most recent text that you sent say?
To my sister: “Let us know when you’re coming back.”
3. What are your 5 favourite songs right now?
1. Every Little Thing | Ali Aiman
2. Livewire | Oh Wonder
3.Love Yourself | Justin Bieber
4.Talk Me Down | Troye Sivan
5. Morning Sun | Ali Aiman
4. Do you like it when people play with your hair?
FUCKING HATE IT.
5. Do you still talk to your first crush?
I can’t even remember who my first crush was. So I’m going to go with the earliest crush I had that I remember. Yeah, we do talk. Sometimes. Occasionally.
6. What are you bad habits?
I suck at maintaining relationships in general. I barely initiate conversations, and sometimes I tend to push people away.
7. Where would you like to travel?
Oh, so many places, but mainly, Europe (yes I know that covers many countries but that’s the whole point okay).
8. Favourite part of your daily routine?
Sleeping in. I seriously need to stop doing this though.
9. What do you do when you wake up?
I… go back to sleep???
10. Who are you most comfortable around?
11. Are you listening to music right now?
No. I’m thinking and typing right now, and I can’t think straight when I listen to music.
12. Favourite book?
Way too many to choose from, but the first book that made me cry was The Pact by Jodi Picoult. It’ll always hold a special place in my heart.
13. Is cheating ever okay?
I’ve never understood why people cheat, but maybe that’s because I’ve never been in that position before.
14. Can you keep white shoes clean?
Hah. No. My school shoes have always been grey throughout my schooling years.
15. What makes you happy?
Reading. Solitude. Silence. Maybe some music. Sunsets and sunrises.
16. Tea or coffee?
Both, but more towards coffee.
17. Mars or Snickers?
18. What’s your favourite quote?
“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent” –Eleanor Roosevelt.
19. Get the closest book next to you, open it to page 42, what’s the first line on that page?
“That night, after her brothers and sister fell asleep, Eleanor turned the light back on so she could read.” –Eleanor & Park.
20. What do you say during awkward silences?
That’s the thing about me, I never say anything, I’m always the one who lets the awkward silence go on longer than it should. It’s why I don’t really have much of a social life. I’m boring to be with.
21. What are your favourite stores to shop in?
Book stores everywhere.
22. Do you smile at strangers?
I really want to be the kind of person who smiles at strangers and brighten up someone’s day but I seem to always hate people at first sight.
23. What makes you get out of bed in the morning?
24. What are you paranoid about?
Large crowds of people whom recognize me. Judgement. New environments. Getting attacked by a butterfly. No, seriously. Butterflies terrify me.
25. Ever wished you were someone else?
I used to, but now I just wish that I can be a better version of myself.
26. Ever won a competition? For what?
I’ve won few competitions in my life, mainly because I rarely participate in them. Don’t want to put myself under the spotlight, y’know? But I did win a competition for creative writing in Form 2. It’s not a huge competition, it wasn’t even inter-class, it was just among classmates, but it’s one that I’m pretty proud of.
27. Have you ever liked someone so much it hurt?
No. I wonder what it’s like.
28. Last movie you watched?
Insurgent. Can’t wait for Allegiant!
29. Favourite TV show?
At the moment, Quantico.
30. Chocolate or vanilla?
I hope I come back with a more interesting post next time. Pfft. But at the meantime, I’ve decided to give Bookstagram another shot, since I’ve been doing a book tag this month and I’ve started to delve deeper into the Bookstagram community. I’ve decided also to move all my personal photos to another account because I can’t stand limiting myself to posting only book photos with all-white backgrounds.